Cost-conscious digital signage product line to bring you high visual quality when your content matters most
MONTVALE, NJ – February 1, 2024 - Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America (SIICA), a global leader in the projector and display markets, has launched the all-new MultiSync ME Series display product line, featuring an enhanced system-on-chip design that includes the PN-ME432, PN-ME502, PN-ME552 and PN-ME652. The displays are equipped with an advanced feature-set for clear and bright usage as a presentation device or large-scale messaging device. The MExx2 Series lineup is ideal for use in retail, restaurant, theatre, houses of worship, and corporate settings.
As the first product line co-developed by the engineering teams from both the Sharp and NEC sides of the SNDSA joint venture, the Sharp MultiSync® MExx2 Series focuses first on maintaining the proven reliability that has come to be expected from products of both companies in the past. The new product line features an updated internal operating system by moving to a system-on-chip architecture which allows for improved flexibility and functionality along with an updated OSD design through streamlined efforts to put the best possible product to the market. This display lineup also has focused on updated connectivity to better reflect the newest standards of what is most used and current in the marketplace. The new series also integrates high-end media player functionality along with a newly created platform that allows for CMS integration. With on-board media playback through internal storage or USB and a platform that allows for content management integration, the new MultiSync MExx2 product lineup delivers the ultimate solution for digital signage applications.
“The Sharp MultiSync MExx2 Series showcases the quality that has become expected of both Sharp and NEC,” said Benjamin Hardy, Senior Product Manager for Sharp Imaging and Information Company of America, Inc. “As our customer needs are constantly evolving, we are as well, and it starts by introducing this new platform that adds exciting, updated features to our digital signage focused product lineup. In turn, this will allow us to better position ourselves and better serve our customers across the many industries of the ever-growing digital marketplace.”
The Sharp MExx2 lineup is available in 43-, 50-, 55-inch Class sizes with 400 - 450 cd/m2 panels to help capture audiences and consumers in almost any environment. A 65-inch Class size will be available in early spring. On top of this, the new product line will have high haze, anti-reflective panels which is an upgrade from the previous generation. The high haze, anti-glare panel will allow for far less reflectivity when incidental light would otherwise wash out the signage shown on the display. The full product line also supports both landscape and portrait orientations on top of being slimmer and lighter in weight than previous models, while still maintaining a full metal chassis to provide a more robust design that is preferred in commercial applications. Additional product features and functionality include:
- Android™ 13 based operating system on quad-core SOC with 32GB storage and 4GB memory
- Integrated and fully schedulable media player via USB or onboard storage
- Integrated ambient light sensor allows for the display to automatically change brightness dependent on the lux in the room
- Center IR Receiver allows displays to be integrated into kiosks without needing to extend the IR signal for remote control use
- Support of both NEC and Sharp protocols in order to allow for easy replacement for either product currently connected into control systems
- Full Input Detect functionality allows for failover and input prioritization capabilities
- Integrated 10W x 2 speakers and both digital and analog audio out options
- Key and IR lock options
- 1GB LAN for IP control, internet browser, HTTP Server and OTA use
- HDMI x3 and USB-C with DP-Alt mode support for AV connectivity
- 3-year limited commercial warranty along with best-in-class service and support
Android is a trademark of Google LLC
To learn more about the MExx2 series, please visit www.sharpnecdisplays.us.