Top 5 Desks Suited for Your Office Space
July 28, 2022 - As companies prepare for their transition to part-time office hours or remote work, it is important to remember accessibility while still acknowledging style. The workforce is changing but the fact remains that most work revolves around an office desk. The desk is a workstation that should reflect your personal preferences while still being ergonomically functional. When it comes to finding the perfect desk for your home or company office space, there are a few things to keep in mind before making your selection.
A key point to note is the amount of space given for the office desk. Having too large of a desk can fill up a room, while a smaller desk can limit usable workspace. Identifying what sort of accessibility requirements would fit your space narrows down your choices to a desk that will be a fit for both you and your workstation.
The style of a desk goes beyond appearance, it complements a workstation and its user. Are you planning on training multiple employees? Would you prefer something more ergonomic like a standing desk? These are some of the questions to consider when looking over the style of a desk for your office space.
To help you select the ideal desk for your office, we have created this list of our Top 5 Desks Suited for Your Office Space. Whether for small, personal, or large company office layouts, we will share our desk knowledge to help create an ideal setup.
The L-Shaped Desks are one of the most convenient office desks to have in any office space. L-Shaped desks are a great option to retain a lot of office space.
- Plenty of room for computers, multiple monitors, and printers.
- Ideal in corners to save room space.
- Great desk space for storage of office supplies.
Dual User Training Desk
The Dual User Training Desk is perfect for companies that require multiple workstations in an area. By having two work surfaces, it offers plenty of storage space and ease of accessible conversation. This can be ideal for training new hires or saving space while still preserving work areas.
- Built-in cable well for wireless charging for laptops and/or computers.
- Can fit up to two people per desk.
- May offer sit-to-stand options.
Electric Lift Sit/Stand Desk
The latest trend for ergonomic desks is the ability to switch from a sit-down to a standing station. With adjustable height buttons, this desk is ideal for high technology classrooms and corporate settings. It comes with a large work surface that has accessible power for electronics and charging devices.
- A great method of promoting activity and movement with the stand/sit option.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Compliant and Accessible Canadian Act (ACA) Compliant.
- Perfect for small offices or home offices.
A Multi-Functional Desk is a great option for most office users as it often comes with a locking capacity for keeping sensitive material and documents safe. This style usually comes in a laminate finish making it easy to keep tidy for the multi-functional worker.
- Ideal for smaller office spaces.
- It has a built-in filing cabinet with a lock for securing files and other materials.
- Wide top surface to accommodate the use of multiple monitors.
Glass Top Desk
The Glass Top Desk is a great option if you want a desk that is sleek and stylish. It is great for small or home offices.
- Complements modern designs.
- Utilizes smaller office spaces.
- Low maintenance and easy to clean.
No matter the type of office space you are setting up, ensure that it is both accessible and that it matches your style.